Shingle roofing is one of the most common types of roofing nowadays. Shingle roofing involves the usage of individual overlapping elements in order to create one solid piece of roofing that works together for greater resilience and strength. When you see a sloped roof on a house, it’s likely made from shingles of some kind. Due to its unique aesthetic and effectiveness, shingle roofing remains one of the best ways to shelter your home from the effects of the elements. Today, we’ll be taking a look at the qualities of asphalt shingle roofs.
As one of the most used roofs in America due to its effectiveness, affordability, and ease of installation, asphalt shingles nevertheless contain a swath of benefits that allow it to be the roof of choice for many people. These benefits include:
- Resistance to wind, hail, fire, and algae damage, all which can damage your roof’s sturdiness and require repairs.
- Ability to be installed to lock for greater stability
- Durability – most shingle roofs can last up to 20 years. Higher quality asphalt shingles can last up to 30 years.
- Comes in many shapes and textures allowing you to achieve the look that you want for your home without compromising integrity.
- Can be installed with solar reflection cooling your house during the hot season and saving you money on air conditioning.
As one of the best ways to protect your home while keeping the stylish, sleek, and timeless look, consider choosing shingle roofing as your roof of choice. Affordable and effective, shingle roofs have few downsides, leading to its popularity in roofing homes across America.